Citizens of Basel, situated in the northwest of Switzerland, can proudly call their city a capital of the watch art. Obviously, Switzerland itself has been always associated with precise and elegant watches, but what’s so special about Basel? The enquiry is that Basel is a location for the world’s largest annual exhibition devoted to watches and jewelry – Baselworld. The exhibition is so considerable and influential, that it defines all the watch fashion trends for the next year. The latest one took place in March 2015, and gathered together the representatives of more than 1500 watch brands from 40 different countries.
Baselworld-2015 presented a lot of novelties and developments like high-speed tourbillons (which are charged with an exceptional precision of clockwork), mechanisms with lunar calendar and antimagnetic technologies. Sport watches and models with a large-scale date indicator became topical trends of Baselworld-2015.
Obviously, Rolex couldn’t stand aside the exhibition and presented its new brainchild – Oyster Perpetual Yacht-Master. The novelty’s name speaks for itself. New Yacht-Master, just like its forerunners, is oriented on connoisseurs of aquatic sports, who would like to know the accurate time even when they sail somewhere in the middle of Pacific Ocean.
So, what makes new Rolex Yacht-Master so perfect for water lovers?
1. Innovative Oysterflex wristlet – great combination of endurance, firmness, flexibility and comfort. It’s waterproof and equipped with Oysterlock, a guarantee that your watch will never fall off your wrist and get lost. And it’s not even necessary to mention its design. Elegant and fascinating, as usually.
2. Oyster case stays waterproof at the depth up to 100 meters. Its complete leak tightness keeps unique Yacht-Master’s mechanism dry, safe and precise.
3. Besides water tightness, case and lens are resistant to scratches and damages.
4. Thanks to black matt background of a dial plate, numerals and scale divisions are perfectly visible.
5. Luminescent glow of pointers and Chromalight indicators erase the difference between day and night, so you can follow your time even in absolute darkness.
6. Special cyclops lens will never let you get lost in the dates.
7. Rolex designers chose black for the main color palette. In addition, Yacht-Master is decorated with 18 carat gold.
New Yacht-Master model is available in two options (40 or 37 millimeters in diameter), and it will be for sure appreciated by people who can’t imagine their lives without adventures, style and reliability at the same time.